Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dolor Has Taken Over My Life

I’ve written about it before, but the more I think about this book series, the more I seriously love it. Rick Florino is the architect of one of the most intriguing, horrifying, memorable, and powerful worlds that I’ve ever allowed myself to fall into with his brand new novel DOLOR: Books I-V. This collection features the first five books of “Dolor”. Dolor is a town you wouldn’t want to visit. It’s been burned to the ground, and a lone FBI agent is sent to check it out. He finds one house standing in the town, while everything else is ravaged. In the house, there are ten small diaries. Each diary is the diary of someone who died in the town on the day that they died. This collection contains the first five diaries. “Decker” diary four is utterly demented, but it’s my favorite. However, I also love the first diary “Lila” because of the possessed Teddy Bear and the relationship between the father Caleb and Lila. The story reminds me of Stephen King and Dean Koontz but there’s a new, fun, and fresh rock ‘n’ roll twist. It’s like “Twin Peaks” a little bit, yet it’s in a category of its own. You have to read it to truly understand. Plus, the author is the cutest guy I’ve ever seen. He’s only 26 too grrr…



Buy the books here! Become a fan on Facebook here! Watch the book trailer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment