Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hyro Da Hero Will Save Hip Hop



It has been a long time since someone in rap truly moved me. I’ve been so transfixed by house and electronic music that my iPod rarely switches from those club jams I love so much to something outside of the genre. However, I’ve discovered the best rapper that I’ve heard in over a decade. His name is Hyro Da Hero. He’s originally from Houston, but he lives in Los Angeles now. His debut album, “Birth, School, Work, Death” sounds like Rage Against the Machine with 2pac singing instead of Zack De La Rocha. Every song explodes with guitars, drums, and bass instead of simple samples. My favorites are the fiery opener “Grudge” which calls out Lil Wayne and the trippy industrial closer “System Overload.” He just did a sold out tour of the UK, and he’s going to take over America next. Get on this now before he’s bigger than Kanye West…


No comments:

Post a Comment